The Texas Legislature has called in the Texas Rangers and State Troopers to track down, arrest, and return 53 Democrats who left the Legislature yesterday. There's even a public notice on the Texas Dept. Public Safety website, just like they do for Amber Alerts and escaped prisoners.
Long story short, Texas is a largely Republican state. These Democrats can't figure out how to work as adults with the GOP, so they just left town. Without 100 members present, The House can't get a quorum, so the members of the House voted for the Sergeant-at-Arms of the House to call in the Texas Rangers and DPS to compel the members to return for quorum.
I can't begin to tell you how P.O.'d I am at these idiots. The Texas Legislature meets just once every few years for a few weeks and they go & pull this crap?! If one of these little 3rd graders were my rep, I'd jerk his ass right out of that seat in the next election. The Democrats always say, "There's just too many Republicans to get anything done." Well, I strongly suspect that there's going to be a lot fewer Democrats around Austin after this stunt.
Even more childlike, the "Dems on the Run" have left the state and gone to Ardmore, OK. Somehow the Texas Rangers can't go over there and arrest them because of jurisdiction. I don't know what's going to happen next. I guess we'll have to get OK to extradite their asses back to Texas.
This is absurd. There are votes pending that mean a lot to everyone here in Texas: insurance coverage, education reform, property tax issues, homeowner's insurance reform, and this little thing called the freakin' budget.
So, when the Rangers and DPS could be out arresting criminals, they're playing babysitter to these idiots.
The following people need to get their asses back to Austin and start working:
- Roberto Alonzo, Dallas
- Kevin Bailey, Houston
- Lon Burnam, Fort Worth
- Gabi Canales, Alice
- Jaime Capelo Jr., Corpus Christi
- Joaquin Castro, San Antonio
- Garnet Coleman, Houston
- Robert L. "Robby" Cook III, Eagle Lake
- Yvonne Davis, Duncanville
- Joseph "Joe" Deshotel, Houston
- Dawnna M. Dukes, Austin
- Jim Dunnam, Waco
- Harold V. Dutton Jr., Houston
- Craig Eiland, Galveston
- Dan Ellis, Livingston
- Juan Escobar, Kingsville
- Jessica Farrar, Houston
- David Farabee, Wichita Falls
- Pete P. Gallego, Alpine
- Timoteo "Timo" Garza, Eagle Pass
- Ryan A. Guillen, Rio Grande City
- Scott Hochberg, Houston
- Terri Hodge, Dallas
- Mark S. Homer, Paris
- Charles L. "Chuck" Hopson, Jacksonville
- Jesse W. Jones, Dallas
- James E. "Pete" Laney, Hale Center
- Ruth Jones McClendon, San Antonio
- Jim McReynolds, Lufkin
- John Mabry, Waco
- Trey Martinez Fischer, San Antonio
- Jose Menendez, San Antonio
- Joe E. Moreno, Houston
- Paul C. Moreno, El Paso
- Elliot Naishtat, Austin
- Richard J. "Rick" Noriega, Houston
- Rene O. Oliveira, Brownsville
- Dora F. Olivo, Rosenberg
- Aaron Pena, Edinburg
- Joseph C. "Joe" Pickett, El Paso
- Robert R. Puente, San Antonio
- Inocente "Chente" Quintanilla, Tornillo
- Richard E. Raymond, Laredo
- Allan B. Ritter, Nederland
- Eddie Rodriguez, Austin
- Patrick M. Rose, Dripping Springs
- Jim Solis, Harlingen
- Barry B. Telford, Dekalb
- Senfronia Thompson, Houston
- Carlos I. Uresti, San Antonio
- Michael U. "Mike" Villarreal, San Antonio
- Miguel D. "Mike" Wise, Weslaco
- Steven D. "Steve" Wolens, Dallas
Idiots! I hope they do get arrested. I'd like to see them charged for abandoning their responsibilites and wasting all the money to go "hunt them down."
If one of these idiots is your elected representative, you better get your ass to the poll next time and fix this problem. I don't want to have to have this conversation every time some elected officials can't work together.