Brought to your by the fine folks @ Friday Five:
1. What was the first thing you ever cooked?
I can remember being in Boy Scouts and learning to cook only two things (other than hot dogs): scrambled eggs w/ bacon pieces and hobo dinners. I think I mastered the hobo dinner first. Take meat, potatoes, carrots, & onions and wrap them in foil. Place in the warm embers of the fire. Cook 'till foil is burnt.
2. What's your signature dish?
I'm personally better at naming the dish than cooking it. Cooking is Merrin's thing. I guess my best dish is a Chicken with Basil, Garlic, Onions and Zucchini served on a bed of mozzarella rice.
3. Ever had a cooking disaster? (tasted like crap, didn't work, etc.) Describe.
I have repressed memories of some terrible cooking fiascos. Most of the time, I just order pizza and try to get the smoke out of the house.
4. If skill and money were no object, what would make for your dream meal?
I think it's more who I'm with and where we are that makes a dream meal. I'd take my wife to Rome and order Spaghetti Os.
5. What are you doing this weekend?
I think golf will be a big player. Merrin is off today but has to work overnight Saturday. Maybe we'll go out tonight and try to relax. I hear there's a Britney Spears movie. Maybe if they leave the sound off….